Happy Canada Day!! As everyone heads out to Osborne Street Festival, the Forks or to be part of the World Record Size Canadian flag on this day, I wanted to send a bit of inspiration as to why our country is the VERY best one! Here are our top 10 favorite things about being Canadian:
- Free healthcare! Is our system perfect – nope! But you won’t ever have to make a decision about your health based on your finances. That’s a reason to celebrate
- Our nature! Whether you’re looking at the beautiful mountains of BC, the lakes of Manitoba or the Atlantic Ocean – we are surrounded by beauty
- Everyone likes us! If you’ve ever traveled you know this one
- We are respected for our peaceful ways around the world
- Freedom! No matter your race, color, religion or sex, you can be who you want to be
- We are a multi-cultural community. If it wasn’t evident before, take a look at what World Cup has showcased in our country. Love for all and all for love
- Our booze – seriously, who has better beer and whiskey than us?
- Our ladies – just admit it, we’re hot AND laid back. Win win!
- Our music – some of the greatest bands and musicians have come from our great country
- Hockey! We breed some of the very best hockey players on the planet! Gretzky, Roy, Lemieux, Crosby – and they all get cheered on by the greatest hockey fans in the world!
I hope this is a great reminder to why you love Canada so much as well! Now go out and celebrate this great land of ours!