I wish I knew then what I know now. Many of us say this as we reflect on our past. What exactly do I wish I knew back then?
I have a list…
- I wish I knew that sun-tanning was really bad for you. I wish I knew that sitting under the sun or in a tanning bed not only exposes your skin to cancer, but contributes directly to the pre-mature aging of skin. This is one of the things you can’t “un-do” from your reckless youth.
- I wish I knew then all of the amazing things I know now about eating well and nutrition. With so many new discoveries over the past decade alone regarding “clean eating”, “superfoods”, DHAs, EPAs, olive oil, flax, saturated and unsaturated, supplements, chia seeds, quinoa etc… We are all much more equipped now to fuel our bodies with cancer-fighting, holistic and healthy goodness than even five years ago.
- I wish I knew then that a smart, confident, athletic woman is a sexy woman.
- I wish I knew then that sometimes men “just aren’t into you” and that is okay.
- I wish I knew that planning for your future and your education is important.
- I wish I knew then that no matter what you want to be “when you grow up” it is exactly what you should do if it makes you happy and allows you love what you do each and every day.
- I wish I knew then that blue eye-shadow isn’t for everyone.
- I wish I knew then that you should always dress for your body and not for fads or trends.
- I wish I knew then that it’s okay, and even amazing, to beat your boyfriend at sports or games or be smarter or funnier than him.
Although I can’t go back and turn back time, I know I can take all of this incredible knowledge and know-how and do two things: First, continue to improve on myself – grow, blossom and evolve. Secondly, share this wisdom with my young daughters, nieces and all of the fabulous women in my life.