Looking for stuff to do this July? I have a list of things to do – either as a break from work or when you are on holidays! This is a condensed list of the overwhelming number of things that are going on in and around Winnipeg in July alone! This is also on top of the ever-popular Bomber and Goldeyes games, Folk Festival, Fringe Festival and Folklorama! For kids, there are a ton of ideas – Children’s Museum, splash pads, water slide parks, neighborhood parks and wading pools, and the “new” Zoo. If you are still looking for more resources, both Travel Manitoba and Tourism Winnipeg are amazing and give tons of information!
Downtown Concert Series – this is a free outdoor show every Wednesday at noon in Air Canada Park and Millennium Library Park http://downtownwinnipegbiz.com/
Public Art Bicycle and Walking Tours – learn about the artwork you walk by every day! Maybe you’ve noticed it, maybe you haven’t – with these tours you will get to know where it is, why it’s there, and what it means. Jul 9, 13, 27 http://winnipegarts.ca/wac/news-article/public-art-bicycle-and-walking-tours
Assiniboine Park and the Zoo! http://www.assiniboinepark.ca
– Summer Music Series and the Lyric Theatre – spending a warm summer evening at Assiniboine Park listening to the melodies and harmonies from the Lyric Theatre mingle with the rustle of the leaves in the breeze. 8 dates between Jun 30, 2014 and Jul 30, 2014 – 7 – 9 p.m.
– Ballet in the Park July 23 – 25, 2014 – 7:30pm – 9:00pm Assiniboine Park Lyric Theatre http://www.rwb.org/balletinthepark
– Jazz in the Leo Mol Sculpture Garden – enjoy the very best of jazz in Winnipeg amid blooming flowers, flowing fountains and beautiful works of art Sundays from 3 – 4 p.m.
Red River Co-op Speedway – exciting car races in St. Adolphe every Thursday at 7 pm. http://www.victorylane.mb.ca
Dancing on the Avenue (Corydon) – 7-10 p.m. 8 dates between Jul 4, 2014 and Jul 30, 2014 Many of Winnipeg`s best bands will entertain you and for the children Laughter Without Borders will be there with face painters, balloon makers and your favorite clowns! http://corydonbiz.com/profiles/dancingontheavenue.html
– Winnipeg Fish Festival – The Forks – July 5, 11 – 4 p.m.a full day of activities, including kids fishing activity stations, main stage fish seminars, fish displays, learn to fish clinics, arts and crafts, fish filleting demonstrations, fly fishing demonstrations and much, much more! http://mwf.mb.ca/wp/2014/06/11/winnipeg-fish-festival-july-5-2014/
– The Forks Bridge Party – July 5, 7 pm – 10 pm. Historic Rail Bridge. All day free electronic music event + special multimedia visual performance at night. Bridging Winnipeg’s origins to the future with this special event. https://www.facebook.com/MEMEfest
Roca Raggae Festival – Jul 11, 2014 – Jul 13, 2014 Old Market Square http://www.socareggaefestival.ca/
“Rockin The Red” 2nd Annual Family Festival – July 12 – 13, 2014 – Half Moon Drive In, Lockport – Free weekend for families – activities, concerts and rides! http://www.halfmoondrivein.com/
Manitoba Reptile Exhibit – July 13 – 10 – 5, Victoria Inn and Conference Centre http://www.themrbe.com
Boardwalk Days – Winnipeg Beach – July 18 – 20 – Wonder Shows midway, outdoor craft market, parade and fireworks. http://www.winnipegbeach.ca/
So there you have it! A long list of things going on in and around our great city of Winnipeg! Most are free which is always fabulous! Enjoy!