Fit Communications Top Ten Favorite Health Tips

Media Relations

At Fit Communications we definitely live our brand – every day we try to do our best to make healthy decisions for ourselves through nutrition, fitness and overall health and wellness. It takes time to get to the point where it is a lifestyle and you seem to naturally know what to do and how to do it. It takes lots of time and practice and being your own “guinea pig” often to see what works best for you and your personal system. This week’s blog is a look at our Top Ten Health Tips that we adhere to each and every day.

  1. Workout for 60 minutes, five times per week. I know this seems to some like a lot, so start where you can. If that is 45 minutes, three times per week at the onset, great! The point is to get moving. Your body and mind will love you for it. For us, the gym is almost like meditation. We both feel at our very best, my most confident and at our best mental state during and post-workout.
  2. Take supplements. Each person is different and has different needs, so there isn’t a fool proof list of what you should be taking. Depending on your age, health, sex, activity level would determine what you should be taking. At minimum we would suggest a multi-vitamin and a fish oil supplement. Along with that, between us we take calcium, vitamin C, D and B-complex, green tea supplement, immunity boosters, pro-biotics, CAMU-C, magnesium and milk thistle.
  3. Have some turmeric every single day. It is great for everything from anti-inflammation to anti-cancer. For more information on turmeric and a few of our other favorite spices, see here –
  4. Eat a plate of raw veggies every single day. There are so many to choose from with tremendous benefits. Try to get these anti-cancer “superfoods” on your plate each and every day: spinach, broccoli, carrots and red pepper.
  5. Eat some seeds! We both have a minor obsession with Manitoba Hemp Harvest and their Hemp Hearts. Seriously – have you tried these things? UNBELIEVABLE! But there are other terrific options out there as well, all with tremendous health benefits. For more information about seeds and what might be right for you, read this –
  6. Get lots and lots and LOTS of sleep. Easier said than done – I’m sure some are thinking. If you are having trouble sleeping or something about your life just doesn’t allow for that now, talk to your doctor. Sleep is our bodies’ way of cleaning itself and reviving our energy. After reading much about centenarians, they always say they had a great relationship with their bed – some would sleep up to 12 hours a day. Do your body and your mind a favor and get adequate sleep.
  7. Drink more water. This can be a tough one as most of us usually wait until we are thirsty to drink. However, experts say that thirst is the first sign of dehydration. The magic ‘8 glasses a day’ rule is no longer, but try to get a glass in every time you pass your kitchen sink.
  8. Keep it clean. We personally don’t believe in cleanses. We would much prefer to do something daily to keep our systems clean and running at its best. To do that, try two things. For starters, partake in intermittent fasting. Secondly, take a few things in the morning that naturally cleanse the system – aloe vera (by the spoon) and chlorophyll added to your water (see #7!).
  9. Meet with your doctor regularly. It is way too often that we hear of people finding out they have a disease or sickness when it is too late to do anything about it. Getting routine checkups, pre-screening and testing regularly and discussing any health concerns you may have with your doctor is imperative.
  10. The 80/20 Rule. Try to make nutritionally-wise decisions 80% of the time, and the other 20% they can slack off a bit. Now that doesn’t mean in the 20% you smoke cigarettes and eat salami! Just don’t think that you have to be perfect. Once it feels like you have a hang of that, bump it up to 90/10. We promise it will become easier as time goes on.

Those are our Top Ten Health Tips. Did we miss any of your favorites? Let us know in the comments below.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *